Monday, May 14, 2012

Dark Shadows

This is my first review and I wanted to tell you about the Dark Shadows. This is a movie based on the soap opera of the same name back in the sixties.  The main character of Dark Shadows is Barnabus Collins. In the TV show, the character was played by Jonathan Frid (who sadly passed before the movie opened. He did have a cameo in the movie.) and he was a frightening character. In the movie version  of Dark Shadows, the character of Barnabus Collins is played by Johnny Depp. I went to this movie because the trailers(previews before the movie) were funny and I thought that they had made this one more comedic since most movies that were television shows went from being serious to funny. I was very much mistaken. Barnabus is a vampire and unlike the vampires of the Twilight movies, he kills people for their blood, sometimes dripping down his mouth. The movie itself was very weird with the girl being a werewolf, the witch who turned a boy into an orphan and it was also too sexual for a PG13 rating. If I was you I would spend my hard earned money and watch The Avengers again. Wait til this movie comes out on DVD where it will be cheaper to walk out.

Next will be the reviews for Battleship and What to Expect When You're Expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment