Sunday, May 20, 2012

Battleship

Today I am going to review the movie Battleship. There have been a couple of movies that I have seen that I can't believe they could make a movie about a guy in a phone booth for instance or a man stuck in an airport terminal but they did and both of those movies were great. But this movie is not based on a single place or even on action figures or video games. This movie is based on a popular board game and when I first heard about this concept I had my doubts but it just took a couple of actors and the United States Navy to change my mind. When I saw this movie I was amazed that they actually pulled off making this movie. The stars of this movie are Liam Neeson as Admiral Shane, Taylor Kitsch as Lt. Alex Hopper, Alexander Skarsgard as Alex's brother Commander Stone Hopper, Brooklyn Decker as Alex's girlfriend/Admiral Shane's daughter, Rihanna as Petty Officer Cora "Weps" Raikes and Gregory D. Godson as Lt. Colonel Mick Canales who is a real life war hero who had his legs lost during battle. Rihanna does an good job as a weapons control and all the actors along with all of the Navy personnel that was in this movie was very good. The enemy this time were aliens and the use of real Navy ships like the John Paul Jones and U.S.S. Ronald Reagan which is an aircraft carrier was fantastic because you got to see how these ships actually worked. They have even added aspects of the board game into the movie but I won't tell you what they are and we will see if you can figure it out. There is battle on land and at sea and without telling you the end I just want to say that a "battleship" does appear to do battle. I highly recommend this movie. It is not your typical alien movie but you will be cheering at the end. Well worth the price of admission.

No comments:

Post a Comment